Author: Crystal // Category: Recipes
This is a recipe that was given to me by a friend. I love it! Its vegan and vegetarian so super healthy for you and tastes awesome too! (I am sometimes bad and add beef chunks to it though) It is really easy to make this one your own and add ingredients or leave out ingredients if you don’t like something. But its really colorful and you can eat it for more then just dinner! I sometimes will eat leftovers for lunch the next day and I think it might be better the second day! I serve mine with some crusty french bread bowls and it is a hit at my house every time!
- 3 yellow potatoes, cubed
- 6 small red potatoes cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 large Carrots, chopped
- 2 large Purple Carrots Chopped
- 2 turnips, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry lentils
- water, or amount to cover
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- Spice Mix:
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the potatoes, spinach, carrots, turnips, garlic, and lentils in a slow cooker. Pour enough water over the mixture to cover.
- In a bowl, stir the fresh basil, chili powder, cinnamon, dried basil, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, ground ginger, sea salt, and black pepper; stir into the slow cooker.
- Cover the cooker, and cook on High for 8 hours.
Tags: Carrots, Chopped, easy, Slow Cooker, Vegetables
Leave a Reply