Author: Crystal // Category: Recipes
I use this easy recipe when I want to make mac n cheese but don’t want to use the boxed stuff. Its pretty amazing and doesn’t take that long. I will usually put it on at lunch and by dinner its done and steaming hot! Unlike most slow cooker recipes though you have to keep an eye on this one. You have to stir often to keep it from sticking.
- cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I sometimes use Italian blend instead. Its creamier)
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli, thawed (any vegetable will do, or none at all depending on your taste!
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Stir uncooked macaroni and vegetable oil together in the slow cooker until pasta is coated.
- Stir Cheddar cheese, evaporated milk, milk, broccoli, salt, and black pepper with macaroni until fully combined.
- Cover the cooker and cook on Low until macaroni is tender and the sauce is bubbling, 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stirring often to reduce sticking.
Tags: Cooker, easy, Food, Fun, Home, Recipes, Slow Cooker
Leave a Reply