Author: Crystal // Category: Recipes
I am from the south and I love me some good barbeque. When I moved to Washington I relized pretty quickly that they know NOTHING about barbeque. So I started experimenting with some recipes trying to make my own. I don’t remember where I got the original recipe from but I have tweeked it several times since so here is my super simple BBQ Pork Sandwich recipe.
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 pounds boneless pork ribs
- Cayenne, or brown sugar
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce ( I use Kraft Brown sugar spicy bbq sauce)
- Hawaiian Bread Rolls cut sideways to make sandwich bread
- Pour can of beef broth into slow cooker, and add boneless pork ribs. Cook on High heat for 4-6 hours, or until meat shreds easily. If you like spicy you can add in a little cayenne, if you like sweet add in 1/3 cup of brown sugar. Remove meat, and shred with two forks. It will seem that it’s not working right away, but it will.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Transfer the shredded pork to a Dutch oven or iron skillet, and stir in barbeque sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Spoon out on your favorite bread and eat!
Tags: Barbeque, BBQ, Pork, Recipes, Slow Cooker
Leave a Reply